PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - is ryanair serious?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 14:22
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO APPLAUD (IN ALL THE NEGATIVE MEANING)
Wow. I tend to think things can't surprise me anymore. There's always 'room for improvement'.
Yes, websites like SkyScanner etc would still use their site unless RYR seriously play with barring these.

I am like many others, using RYR because I have to on some routes and it's still reasonable TOTAL cost. They might be forced to include basic 'tax' on their search result screens, but there's more to come, naturally.

As for cancelling tickets lawfully bought on their website because of 'new policy', IT'S F LUDICROUS.
Does it mean I won't be able to book ticket only for my friend if she doens't have 'right' card and that I don't have to go over details with her? Seems so.
No agency, no screenscraper, just plain old passenger buying for friend/family.
Screw them idiots.

DingerX, you may be right regarding RYR's intentions on top of obvious effort to monopolise the market furthermore. I use word EFFORT as all they do is actually damage their reputation even more and will lose out on the market of people who log on to screenscraper and book first reasonable trip in line with their wishes either directly through the website or visit such carrier's page directly. They think it'll put people off using search websites and go directly to RYR only?? Dream on. Might work on small number of pax.

I shop for the best option for me. It won't stop me checking out SkyScanner and RYR itself if the info's not available.

What they did/are doing, is actually discriminating against people whose flights were booked on their behalf by somebody else. Do they really expect 20-odd group of seriously senior citizens to book the flights each for themselves when going on care home's annual holiday to Med?? OR whatever case it may be.

How do they actually sort the thing with one person booking more pax on one booking?? That should work. Are they going to look for the same name on card and of one of the passengers on the booking??

I'd gladly see some travel agency that got hit to do a lawsuit for damages or discrimination. Individuals won't bother. They'd just take the hit, swear and go on with life, appropriately changing their opinion and shopping behaviour.

One of many malicious disgraceful moves.
Just like that thing with sneakily introducing luggage charge under 'fair luggage policy', ie only paying when having luggage and increasing max weight. Then, after half year, quietly removing 20kg, going back to 15 but without such hooray. Recently, 'desk checking fee' etc. OK, if I pop in to see family, I may find it useful to skip one of the queues for desk check-in by printing boarding pass.
They advertised it as 'skip the queue, check in online if hand luggage only.
I don't really give a toss about having 'priority' etc (I travel alone), all I want is to avoid people pushing about and forward like bloody cattle in the departure lounge. Now they 'enforce' online check-in by charging checking in person, which is, 'strangely' enough, the only option when having hold luggage..

Well, maybe that's why some call it 'cattle class' (locos or economy with legacies).

There are travel agencies booking on behalf of people either because of convenience or pure necessity (old, IT illiterate, 'never done that', no PC, no card that is accepted, etc). They get RYR business in and may keep it free as part of other services or charge something, still win-win situation.