PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FJ Aircrew Back Problems, Advice Please.
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 13:44
fayslag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHF, feel sorry for you mate. I came out of the mil a couple of years ago and still suffer with back pain. Although my back problem was recognized by the mil (visits to the Osteo paid for etc) and a visit to Headley Court which was brill, you will get little help when you leave. The Gazelle screwed my back up and even now I cant sit down for longer than 5 mins without the old lumbar cushion. There are a few AAC guys who have had the op etc and it has been successful for most. Make sure you get a decent Osteo/Chiro as there are folk out there that will charge a fortune and it may not make the slightest bit of difference. It is worth getting an xray prior to treatment so you/they can see the problem.

I have spent literally thousands on treatment and now I just do stretches and walk etc and have binned the visits. My back is just the same as if I'd been to the osteo every fortnight!

To reiterate, ensure you get a good diagnosis and ensure you get the best treatment whilst you are still serving! Good luck!