PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 9th Aug 2008, 11:57
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I dont actually think you have put much thought into your buzz bomb scenario, FB. Your attempts to garner support for opposition to ADS-B are tiresome because they are so tenuous. You really will have to think up better reasons than this, and your repetitive recital is doing you no favours. It makes you look like a bit of a nutter- so it's gotten to the point where you are now working against the other nay-sayers.

- terror can be had by much simpler means, and in much greater quantities, using other methods (as has been descibed to you).
- even if your scenario were to eventuate, turning off the GPS signal is highly unlikely. The authorities would weigh up whether the attacks would stop (and they wouldnt, as "buzz bombs" wouldn't NEED a GPS signal, and could still be utilised blind and perpetuate any 'terror' achieved) Vs the benefit of GPS.
- continually claiming that, because something cannot be absolutely ruled out gives it credence, is poor argument, and has been treated as such. Your continued attempts at breathing life back into your argument have seriously diminished your premise.

By all means, continue to press your lame-duck argument.
ferris, I dont think you have understood the scenario I have presented, so I'll take it piont by piont -

..."it's gotten to the point where you are now working against the other nay-sayers"

I have written on several occasions that my views/concerns are entirly my own. It may be you who wants to tie me to other posters ?

..."terror can be had by much simpler means, and in much greater quantities, using other methods"

I think you have missed my piont about Oz based (i.e. 'inhouse') potential terrorists having a high probability of being 'found' by our security people before any 'event' happens - exibit A, the Footy bombers. The problem with the GPS guided terrorist 'Buzz Bombs' scenario, is they are launched outside of the majority of Oz securitys 'influence'

"buzz bombs wouldn't NEED a GPS signal"

ferris, You'll have to explain that further.

..."continually claiming that, because something cannot be absolutely ruled out gives it credence, is poor argument, and has been treated as such. Your continued attempts at breathing life back into your argument have seriously diminished your premise"

I'm yet to see any serious rebutal to the dangers that the GPS guided terrorist 'Buzz Bombs' present to an increasingly GPS reliant Oz ATC system. As I wrote previously, ...by saying the scenario has a low probability ...admiting it to be a valid probability