PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you could fly ANY plane ever built, what would it be?
Old 9th Aug 2008, 00:21
TiffyFGR4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I'm not a military nor a civilian pilot & that I have no experience with aviation of any kind, stuff like that......(Apart from making the odd airfix kit every now & then tehehe). I'm just another person with a keen interest in military aviation.

Now, what I'd like to fly if I were a pilot? So many to choose from.

Spitfire. (Who wouldn't?)
Lancastor.
Hurricane.
Harrier.
Tornado F3 or GR4
EE Lightning
Typhoon...

So many more I'd love to fly.....But out of that little list, I'd probably go for the EE Lightning, first time everytime.

I've always had a huge fondness for the Tornado though, when I was just a kid, my uncle & me went for a day out in the lake district, parked at the side of the road having a drink & a sandwhich minding our own business, then WuuuuOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHH!!! This aircraft flew right over the top of us, must've been at something like, 40, 50 feet? Well whatever it was, it was bloody low & veeery fekin loud!!! Just after it past over us, 2 or 300 feet in front of us, it just lit up its afterburners & it was long gone! Amazing! I asked my uncle what it was? He said; That was a Tornado.....A Tornado GR1 to be precise. So for that reason...I've always had a place in my heart for the Tornado, especialy the GR4 we have now, amazing looking thing. =D