PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 8th Aug 2008, 23:30
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest from ASA in EBA negotiations

"Overtime – they propose a new additional hours provision that an employee has an obligation to work a reasonable amount of additional hours and your ability to refuse to work for reasons associated with health or family etc will be assessed for reasonableness by your manager. Their expectation of what is reasonable is up to one additional shift per fortnight."

This means that on MY ROSTERED DAY OFF, no reserve or standby payments, that if they ring they will assess if my kids footy game, birthday, dance concert, my rest, is important enough to continue with my UNPAID day off or whether they will direct me to come to work. Which way does anyone think they will go when 'assessing'?

What a fantastic employer, "Our People-Our Committment".

ASA have neglected staffing so badly, that they want the power to decide what you now do on your UNPAID day-off. Its one day a fortnight, but they will give you only a couple of hours notice of what day they decide it will be, and expect you to cancel any plans and be obligated to attend.

This is their committment to work/life balance. If I wanted to be a 'beck-and-call boy' I would have taken up the worlds oldest profession. Mind you sometimes I feel like I'm getting the same result.