PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Aug 2008, 21:52
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howabout

A late answer to your question - because, had you read my post to TW it said I was going off to have a beer and would catch up tomorrow and you would not have expected me to answer while my green light was off.

I've just had my morning walk and found no shops open. Last night you posted your enquiry at 19:48 and by 20:16 - less than half an hour later - you had decided Dick must be correct because you did not get a technical answer from anyone else. Haste in aviation can be fatal. I'll patiently await the shops to open - while contemplating your comments.

To answer your question in more detail - and it has already been well detailed - WAAS requires satellites, Oz does not have them or the critical mass to make WAAS cost effective, and Airservices are pushing their own ICAO compliant alternative solution GBAS/GRAS.

WAAS is NOT required for ADS-B accuracy (I think I already said that).

Of 156 MILLION samples over 3 months in Oz, the NUC >4 figure (i.e. data considered safe to display on TAAATS for ATC use) was 99.997% for SA Aware data. Do the numbers yourself - I think it means about 5 rejections.

TW

I entirely take your point that the debate may continue without personalities. In examining this thread from my arrival on it, your message will hopefully be well received by quite a number of posters including a favoured one who cast doubt on my veracity and right to anonymity