PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 21:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldilocks,

I don't think it's quite as bad as that.

Some weeks ago Ryanair announced it was suspending all flights to Basel, Budapest, Krakow, Palma, Rzeszow, Salzburg and Valencia between 4 November and 19 December.

The reason Ryanair gave was that these airports are amongst the most expensive in Europe (I assume it means of the airports Ryanair uses) and it cannot charge high enough fares to make them profitable in the off-peak winter season.

The airline also said these airports declined to reduce fees during the winter season, hence the suspensions.

Flights from BRS to both Budapest and Rzeszow are certainly bookable for January though not during the 'closed' period mentioned above. Ryanair don't fly from Bristol to the other airports involved.

NQYGuy,

There was a time when my wife and I used the KLM AMS connection for both Canada and the USA from BRS quite regularly and the service then was both reliable and of good quality, apart from baggage being mislaid at AMS on more than one occasion although it turned up within 24 hours.

I'm not sure I would be relaxed about using the KLM Cityhopper connection at the moment.