PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turning 19, Sponsorship or university?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 15:09
robybobey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turning 19, Sponsorship or university?

Hi guys, I have lurked around this forum for a while, but only just decided to register.

I'll cut straight to it. Ever since the age of four years old, my dream has been to fly for an airline. I remember talking to a captain on a flight from Manchester to Orlando (B742) at the age of six, he was astonished that I knew so much and as a result, he gave me the whole flight plan for me to look at.

It's partly my Mum that has made me the way I am in terms of my ambition.....she works and MAN. I carried out my work experience there; it was the best two weeks of my life. I got to explore the whole of the airport including the fire station, 4 runway inspections, ATC as well as aircraft ops. I even got to choose an aircraft and was driven straight to it so I could explore the ins and outs of it (It was a brand new EK B773).

But now I have a dilemma. My A Level results are published next Thursday and I’m torn between going to university to study law and then funding my training later in life, or applying for a sponsorship with Easy jet.....

I know that I could fail the initial assessments and could be told that I'm not a suitable applicant, but life is about taking risks, isn't it?

So, I’m asking you guys as pilots and keen aviation enthusiasts with a lot of experience, sponsorship or university?

Thanks in advance,

James