PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia ADS-B program - another Seasprite Fiasco?
Old 8th Aug 2008, 12:30
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tailie, there is no official piece of paper until the minister signs off on it.
As for your asking me to put up or shut up. I put it to Mr Smith to back up his "RUMOUR".

The time for this debate passed in October last year. To be honest? I await Minister Albanese and his response. I am very sure AirServices would like to know. They have to sign a deal that will cost them more money just to keep the opportunity for ADS-B uptake alive.

When this thread started it was about a supposed bungling of ADS-B. In all the years I have researched it, I have never seen anything other than a single goal with a singal peice of equipment.1090ES upper and lower airspace all on the same page. That message hasn't changed The costs haven't changed.

The only thing that has changed is the argument against. First it was equipment and standards, then it was an orphan technology, then equipment components were not available then it was WAAS then it was equipment costs again and now we have again the airlines will not pay for it....OH yeh, I forgot the most biggest purphy of them all. Spoofing ADS-B signals and the terrorist threat of being able to track ADS-B equipped aircraft with a ten dollar aerial.

This argument is so old, I grow tired.