PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 12:14
HDP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can judge a person alot more through 10/15mins of a proper structured interview with set questions and verbal communication with maybe a few tests, rather than sticking them infront of several tests and then just get rid of them barely being able to put a face to a name.
I think you might be missing something here. Yes, you can judge an applicant more through a structured interview, but the tests were not designed entirely to judge people. That will be done in the next stage in Abu Dhabi. I believe they were designed to eliminate the people who cannot cope under pressure.

Etihad could have well missed out on potentially brilliant applicants through running tests which reflect nothing about the industry and the job. Now they are flying people out to Abu Dhabi and may find some applicants just cant grasp the co-ordination.
Why should someone who doesn't do well in the tests necessarily be a brilliant candidate? OK, on the other hand, someone who aced the tests might turn out to be poor candidate later on, but they've certainly made a good start.

The tests were not meant to reflect anything about the industry or the job. Remember, the scheme is designed for people with no experience of flying, so they don't expect you to be able to label a jet engine, explain how wings generate lift etc. They just want to find the candidates who are good at basic maths/physics/English, cope well under pressure, and who show the potential to go on and succeed in the later training.

I have been left very dissappointed with the whole thing.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I feel the whole scheme is very well planned, and very well structured.

Last edited by HDP; 8th Aug 2008 at 13:18.