PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - love norway want to work there!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 08:47
Anonymus6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norsk,

I hope I don't offend you by writing this, but from your posts and impression of writing, I get a feeling that you are from a foriegn background that was treated unfair in norway and moved to US, because you thought that US will give you better treatment (eually right). You also mentioned you have lived in US for more than 10 years. I currently live in US (los angeles) and fly for a regional cargo carrier. I simply choose to educate and fly in US because I thought better chance to get job, since I'm from foreign background as well. After living in US for 7 years I have seen my friends that went to flight schools in Sweden landing 737 and a320 jobs left and right (most of them are foreigners). A lot of things has changed during this 10 years you have been away from norway I have two iranian friends that fly for west air (i belive its a cargo company) and they love it. Several times I have mentioned this issue regarding race to land a job, and they seem to not be worried about it to much. a quate from one of them " If you have the experience you will get in, they need captains"
I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist,,,, it does, and it's a shame that skin colour is going to prevent someone to land a job. I see a lot of racism in US as well, and don't get me started about this country.

anyway, I'm not going to spend to much time on this subject and I hope everyone the best.