PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - love norway want to work there!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 08:38
PanPanYourself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi kiranchalla,

I am a Turk/Belgian who moved to Oslo, Norway 8 months ago upon getting a job offer for a system developer position at a Norwegian financial institution. I was living in Istanbul before I moved here and I had a girlfriend who I loved dearly and was planning to eventually pop the question to.

I wasn't happy with my job in Istanbul, and was really excited about the great opportunity offered to me here in Norway, so I accepted the offer. Clearly my girlfriend wasn't too happy about this, but she knew I had to do it.

I moved here in November 2007, the worst possible time to move to Norway, I had six months of bitter cold and darkness to look forward to. My girlfriend visited me the following month, and we bought in the new year together here in Oslo. She said she didn't like Norway at all, she is more of a Brazil - Spain - Ibiza kind of person. Regardless she tried very hard to get a job here so she could be with me. After 4-5 months of stress, disappointment, and no luck, she gave up, and we broke up. It was a very stressful period for both of us, her trying to find a job but failing, and me trying to adjust to a new country while missing all the people I hold dear. It tore us apart.

I don't know what your situation is with your boyfriend, how long you've been together, how often you get to see him, or what your plans for the future are, so I can't really help you much.

Just be very sure you know what you're doing.