PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List your childhood model collection
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2008, 06:45
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 363 Likes on 202 Posts
his mother told us that she didn't approve of her 10 year old son, using dangerous things such as glue, paint or a knife so they hid it from the kid!
Blimey, does she take him outside in a fluorescent tabard?

Seriously, glue, paint and scissors/knives were a staple part of my childhood from about primary school onwards and I've no recollection of any of my classmates inflicting serious damage to themselves or each other. Pairs of dividers in maths, now that's different - and drawing pins, carefully left on Titt Minor's chair... I've carved myself regularly with a Stanley knife doing DIY but I don't think I ever did using a craft knife when I was knee high to a Dagling Primary. I believe the Humbrol style enamel paints are considerably cleaned up compared with thirty years ago and there's always acrylic.

Good on yer Stationair 8, I think it's great to give kids models to build rather than DVD games and all that nonsense and I wish I'd done that for my nephews at Christmas. Tell her she is stifling his creative instincts and ability to learn life skills! (Can you tell I haven't got kids!)