PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight delayed due drunk cabin crew member
Old 8th Aug 2008, 02:31
Ralph the Bong

There are aspects to this thread that make me sick. I don't even know this woman, yet if have been put under the impression from the posts above that she has a "drinking problem". Is that the same as being an "alcoholic"? This could be defamatory. If I met her, the first thing that I would think of her is that she is a 'p1sshead', if I based my opinion on pre-judgements formed by this thread.

The sort of galley gossip that I have heard in recent times makes me hate some of the people in this industry; today's Galley Goss somehow becomes tommorrow's Facts.

In rumours from the past, I have heard stories of a CC memeber who was supposed to have date raped another FA and a Captain who was alledged to be having an affair with a co-worker. In both cases, the allegations were baseless and yet the 2 men involved suffered horribly.

The male FA was ostrasized by many of the co-workers who bidded to avoid him even after is was proven that he had not even had sex with the woman. In the end, it destroyed his career because, as thay say, 'Mud Sticks' and after he left, nobody in other companies would touch him. In the case of the Captain who was supposedly having an affair, his wife was told of the allegation by a female CM who had heard the rumour and felt moral outraged. It didn't end his marriage, but came close to it. This Captain is a good friend of mine.

I hope that she is cleared of this just so she can sue the people who have slandered her. I am not surprised that peopel been so quick to make nasty judgements. That's the sad, sick side of human nature.