PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2008, 21:42
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind Turbine

If this turbine does need planning permission it will be interesting to see the reaction of North Somerset Council planning councillors who seem to view it as their sacred duty to oppose any planning application the airport submits.

They might have to wrestle with their ‘green consciences’ though, especially as up the coast in the neighbouring Bristol City Council area there are three huge turbines at Avonmouth Docks that are each six times the height of the proposed BRS one and they generate ten times the amount of energy. Furthermore, there is a big one on the Mendips just north of Wells.

KLM Cancellations

Lot’s of doom and gloom in the CWL thread about cancelled KLM flights.

It seems to me that BRS is suffering as much, if not more.

So far this week I have noticed the mid morning rotation (KL 1049/1050) cancelled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The last inbound of Tuesday night (KL 1057) did not operate which meant the early outbound on Wednesday (KL 1046) didn’t either, meaning the first outbound yesterday was the lunchtime departure.

Today I notice the teatime rotation (KL1053/1054) has been cancelled.

This is over 30% of the flights on the first four working days of this week.

I believe the problem lies mainly with the serviceability of the Fokker aircraft. Be that as it may, how can anyone rely on this airline with cancellations of this magnitude, particularly if AMS is being used as a hub for onward travel?