PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA The "Terrorism Act" and Big Brother!
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2008, 13:31
microlight AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microlights across the water

Indeed Jodelman is correct.
Microlights are crossing that bit of water frequently. Don't fall into the trap of seeing a microlights as a little hang glioder with a strimmer engine attached, those days are mostly gone. Take a look at the EV97 Eurostar, Pegasus CT2k, Jabiry UL, Skyranger, Rans S6 and Xair hawk to mention but a few. 90-100 mph and 400+ miles range is now commonplace. Even my Rans S6 with its 50hp 2 stroke is capable of venturing to the Emerald Isle.
But we digress, I'm with the original poster and others who have concerns over intrusive government agencies.
The wording of such 'guidance' can be in conflict with the actual law itself. This could be the product of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing or, in a more sinister circumstance perhaps a cynical attempt to gain compliance beyond the legally stated minima where the writer can always fall back on a statement indicating that there was no intention to mislead... "what we meant was...." as is often heard in Westminster.

These are the reasons why we have defended the principles of liberty enshrined in magna Carta through the centuries and hae relied upon an independent judiciary and the right to trial by our peers as fundamental.
Ask yourself if you feel those principals are still intact?

I must go as the Black Omega is puilling up outside