PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shortage of Helicopter Pilots?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 21:50
wazz'n'zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AHQHI656SQN
Who is teaching the Apache tech to your Harriers techs?

I think you used to call it 'concurrent activity' in your stage one army trg and after all it ain't that complex.

I think the point here is being missed. None of the services have the number of pilots required, although the RAF seem to be doing more about the problem, with help from the AAC.

I hope that you don't lose the AH to the RAF. Just under 2 years ago we were asked to canvass the Sqn for volunteers to go on Apache exchange with the AAC. Not one volunteer came forward, that's both overtly and covertly; if that's not a confidence boost that no-one want's that job in it's current guise, I don't know what is. Right now, what most blokes want is a tour on the 7, 18 or 27 Sqn (Chinooks for the uneducated) and to join the hallowed DFC crowd.

Interestingly though, having spoken recently to PMA 32a (The crab appointer) he has 58 Army pilots waiting to transfer to the RAF!!
Also, an ex Army QHI at Shawbury has reported that 2 ex AAC Majors, now Flt Lt's, are on the MEARW course and are doing very well by all accounts. More are in the pipeline too.

Hopefully with new reins at the helm of the AAC this current bad feeling/in fighting (Oh so you use to support Folkes did you etc)will diminsish and the screaming eagle return back to it's former glory.

Remember before going FL rediculous, this is not a slanging site ,it's an info site so let's not degrade this thread to a pure slander match like, unfortunately, so many others.