PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320
Thread: Airbus 320
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 21:12
Oluf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not at all. You take a job, sign the deal, and go to work. If you read your contract upfront, there should not be any surprises. What I'm trying to live by, and encourage others to do,is to avoid being exploited, and letting others exploit my fellow aviators. I say... have a realistic exit plan, in case somethings drastic happens.( My colleague a few years back had a Illness in the family, which forced him to travel back to his own country, he was forced to breach the Bond, but was prepared for it and thus avoided a lawsuit, as he stayed true to the employer, who let him go by paying a sliding bond) He wasn't happy to leave, but he had to. I can to a certain extent understand employers who demand selffunding, as many of them have been cheated by pilots who breach their bonds and care less about their word. RYR said bonding and selffunding is the same, if Bonding and selffunding is the same, why don't the employers offer the Pilots the alternative to choose between the two.
My point is do we really want to continue fueling this fire which massivly undercuts us professionally, or do we try and stop the trend and find workable solutions that gain the whole industry, and not just the short term
It is time to wake up and smell the coffee, stop the exploitism of our coleagues or the next one to suffer will be you.

O