PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final work-up to Typhoon FGR.4
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 18:49
TiffyFGR4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backwards PLT, glad you didn't take it the wrong way, I said, pretty much the same thing once somewhere else & I almost got lynched for it hehe Didn't mean to wind people up though, it was just a innocent question, curious, you know. =) Shame they wouldn't give you a job though =( What kind of thing would you be doing if you got a job? May I ask? =)

Sorry to go off topic a bit...

"So looking at the loadouts a proper question or 2. Presumably in the 6 GBUs, 6 AAMs, CL tank configuration there is no room for a pod? Kinda makes the GBUs pointless (oh noes gulf war I buddy lase again!). Still work for early days AI I guess with known tgts and EPWIIs."

"So if the pod has to go on CL (does it?) that means to have decent fuel they need underwing tanks - does this reduce the load to 4 GBU16s/EPWIIs (plus AA stuff)? Can it fly in this config with 4 EPWIIIs? (I know not cleared yet)."

Good points.

Well for the first point you made, maybe they could have, a single drop tank, (Centre), six air to air missile & five LGB's. Sacrifice one LGB for the pod, thats still a decent load to carry for any fighter. And maybe his wingman can carry the six LGB's, six air to air missiles & a centre drop tank, and maybe the other guy can 'buddy lase'.

But I, kind of, always thought that Typhoon would have the pod on one of the AMRAAM/Meteor stores, front left. So it'd have the pod, three AMRAAM's/Meteor's, six LGB's, (Or any other A/G weapons they might want to add), two ASRAAM's, & a centre drop tank...And a gun of course.

But I think most Typhoon's will have two drop tanks, four LGB's, six air to air missiles & the pod on the centre store. Depends on the situation really...

I'm not 100% sure about this but, when all the planned weapons are in service, I think the standard load out on a FGR4 will be something like; two LGB's, two Storm Shadow cruise missiles, two SEAD missiles, two ASRAAM's, three Meteors, one laser pod & one drop tank, (Centre store). And the 27mm gun. If thats the case, then thats one hell of a load.

Then theres the RAPTOR, (Recce pod). Will that fit on the centre store of a Typhoon?....