PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 6th Aug 2008, 14:16
beaver liquor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with anotherthing's last post. Quite often, the biggest whingers are the ones who would never bother to be a rep. Because they are the "me me me" type.

I believe the current wages are fair for pretty much everyone - at Swanwick. As for other units, well the banding issue is divisive and unfair, in my opinion.

Also, AAVA's are divisive. Some choose not to do them, others embarrass themselves by congregating like flies round **** when the girl from the resource office brings in her AAVA Wishlist, falling over themselves to remind her that they are on leave soon, but not going away. Others do the odd one here and there. To unite and choose not to do them would be difficult, though the resulting staff regulations and delays to our customers would generate a lot of heat for NATS. Also, be aware when talking of work to contract, that means staying to the end of every shift... be careful what you wish for.

Lets keep our eyes on the prize here, that's the pension. Since the pension is a NTUS negotiation, every ATCO, ATSA, ATCE, STAR and MSG should inform their local rep that they do not want a change to the pension scheme. Then NTUS must reflect our views. Though it seems like NTUS have already accepted that new entrants will join a new scheme, and negotiations are about the quality of that scheme. I find that unacceptable.