PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 13:33
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAM-EMA, did you get any photos of the scenes at Cork yesterday? I have heard that the Cork ramp was jammed around lunchtime yesterday with no less than thirteen airliners parked up at along with a pair of bizjets, a bang up to date Global Express and a very venerable old lady of a Gulfstream. A shot of the ramp would have been some coup and would have been right up there with the shots long ago of the two diverted in Aer Lingus 707s.

As it happens the breakdown at Cork had a knock on effect at my own place of work yesterday which I now find amusing but not so much at the time when we were in a panic. We can laugh now about the irony of the situation!

Fair play to the people on site at Cork yesterday for coping the best way they could with the hand they were dealt.

The Skyeurope loads at Cork have been between 80% and 90% of late - it is very infuriating that this numerically successful route is being lost to Cork. I must ask if every possible stone has been upturned in an effort to turn around this decision and if there is no hope, well, the sooner that a replacement is found the better, be it EI to Vienna or if HRH Prince Ducksie himself starts his own flight to Bratislava - afterall, there would still be a few years of start up incentives left on BTS? I know it's as unpredictable as a baby's bottom but oil was back to $118 a barrel yesterday so what's the problem?