PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 6th Aug 2008, 12:50
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Matt 101,

How long should you allow to apply for BA positions. I'm sort of tied into my current job until June 2009 (difficult to explain) so provided BA recruit next year, and I want to start around then, how long in advacne should an application be submitted?
Again a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question I am afriad. I waited in the hold pool for nearly a year after my interview before actually starting a course others get a date straight away. To be honest they will always give you at least 6 weeks notice of a date and if it's no good you can opt to remain in the hold pool though obviously 12 months is the longest you can stay in that pool.

As has been mentioned there is a freeze on recruitment at the moment anyway. I Imagine by the time it opens up again next year I would think about starting to apply even if you have to stay where you are until June.

Good luck to all those who want to start - hoep we open up again for you soon. I'm off soon (not coz BA is crap but because I want to do my flight training) so you can all start bidding on my job!