PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 12:14
whiowhio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that much of the problem with the areas of inefficiency in T5 is directly related to its vastness, coupled closely with the dismal LACK OF SIGNAGE and LACK OF STAFF (who in their defence are hopelessly frustrated).

Whereas I always try to be positive and give fair credit, all of the points made in previous posts are to my mind, valid.

On the plus side, I recently returned from YVR as SLF and was impressed with baggage delivery, however;

.. finding my way to the Central Bus Station by "Train" (ha, not "Underground" as it turned out) was dreadfully frustrating after a long flight. I also tried and failed to get directions from the only people around who spoke a foreign language (at least it was difficult for me to understand). When I got back into T5 from the Underground and found BAA staff and made comment, their reply was "WE KEEP TELLING MANAGEMENT".

I could go on and say how time consuming and frustrating using the TRAIN (London Express(?) to Central Bus Station was, but I am in relax mode and intend to stay that way.

I fear it is the same ole problem of the typical british non-listening management who still have not learn't to listen to the "sharp-end"

Whio.

Last edited by whiowhio; 6th Aug 2008 at 12:18. Reason: My error