PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 10:23
SAM-EMA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I arrived in on yesterdays FR from EMA and the flights luggage was unloaded onto the tarmac and passengers were asked to identify their own luggage and take it through passport control with them because obviously the baggage system could not work. When I got out of arrivals I got a chance to see the check-in area. It was absolute chaos, there must of been almost a thousand if not more people. There was no room to move at all. I went upstairs and sat at the bar tables - the bar was closed as was every other shop or retail outlet. At this time security was empty as no one was checking in so no one was going through security. My mistake was that I didn't go through to departures for my flight to Dublin there and then because by the time I did the queue was back to the bar (as partial Aer Lingus check-in had resumed) and having qued at least 30-40 mins I was then told that I could not use my FR Check n Go Prioity Boarding Pass as they could not be scanned. I was told to go to the Servisair Ticket Desk to get one of the normal card boarding cards. By this time the security queue was queing down the stairs. I stood queing for at least an hour if not more and just before I got to security a man come and called for anyone for Dublin and at the point I exited the queue and proceeded through another door straight to security. I then found out the reason why it was taking so long because every single person and every single bag were being searched manually as the security system was obviously down. I then hurried straight to Gate 8 from where I rushed to my awaiting aircraft, and unbelievably took off only 40 minutes late, catching up 10 minutes en route, landing only 30 minutes late. Considering all the chaos and confusion I was still impressed at the time of departure because I expected a much much longer delay.

SAM-EMA