PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final work-up to Typhoon FGR.4
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 02:37
Backwards PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As we are on friendly conversation, thought that I would point out that my earlier comment was a bit of banter, I am generally a Typhoon fan (even though they wouldn't give me a job!). I take your response as a good nibble rather than a proper bite!

So looking at the loadouts a proper question or 2. Presumably in the 6 GBUs, 6 AAMs, CL tank configuration there is no room for a pod? Kinda makes the GBUs pointless (oh noes gulf war I buddy lase again!). Still work for early days AI I guess with known tgts and EPWIIs.

So if the pod has to go on CL (does it?) that means to have decent fuel they need underwing tanks - does this reduce the load to 4 GBU16s/EPWIIs (plus AA stuff)? Can it fly in this config with 4 EPWIIIs? (I know not cleared yet).

Seems the problem is pod and CL tank are mutually exclusive which is a pity as I know the Typhoon still flies v nicely and goes a decent distance with the CL. Is this true? Can 2 AMRAAMs be dropped to allow more AG weapons?

As VK alluded to EPW4 on twin racks would be nice. Not sure what forward firing weapon, other than the gun, he wants though. Its not as if anyone would use rockets in this day and age!!!!!