PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce the new CEO of Qantas
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 02:01
D.P. Gumby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shoe Is On The Other Foot Now

I hope he now realises how much Qantas has spent on getting J* up and running and everything to do with J* has come at great expense to Qantas. I work in engineering and we do all their servicing with no recompense at all. Some money, "we have been told", has been paid, but engineering at the SIT and Base have not seen a cent. (Sounds a lot like Air New Zealand/Ansett demise)

Recently at a Managers meeting at which some Engineering personnel were in attendance. (discussion turned to Qantas Vs John Holland bid for A380 Engineering) We were asked if one of the new A380's which was being serviced by JH was in trouble, would we go to their aid as it was a Qantas aircraft. Well you could have heard a pin drop when they were told NO. That would be JH's problem and if this company wanted to give Qantas Engineering to JH then they would have to suffered the consequences.

Recently J* announced that they were not inviting Qantas Engineering to bid for the 787 contract as they were going to do all their servicing themselves. Where they are going to get enough experienced engineers with a new type license, to handle the 60 odd aircraft they're going to be getting, is beyond us.

I can't wait to see J* flounder out there with inexperienced LAME's and AME's. It should be fun to watch them try and operate on their own with out the support of Qantas Engineering.

Let's see if they win anymore Low Cost Airline awards when things turn to SH1T.

Best of Luck A.J. you have inherited an Engineering mess, which will need to be handled with a lot more diplomacy than your predecessor possessed.