PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 22:41
frfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leeds would seem a good fit for FR. With MAN being a little too close to LPL and just up the M6 from BHX, LBA could become an attractive base for those in the north east and west. DSA was always too close to EMA. LBA should attract traffic from the Manchester area aswell, and I expect the airport has lower costs. MOL could also be now using the economic downtown and start the bloodbath himself amongst the UK LCC's. In BHX and EMA they could kill WW (which would be a shame) and in LBA they could go for LS. Both airlines are considerably smaller and have higher cost bases. However, I think LS would be a tricky one to shift, as they seem to be moving their product more towards the next generation of charter/package deals, as well as they're profitable freight operation. Interesting choice by FR if you ask me!

I really believe EDI should be a growth area for FR, their loads look fantastic, and the yields seem good too, with fares looking higher on average than other UK bases. EDI has a good sense of 2 way traffic with it being a historic capital, whereas bases such as LPL and BHX will find it more difficult to attract inbound tourism.