PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Macau-money trouble
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 22:15
Bigbadass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Alvega,
There you go again, instead of seeing someone that has retired and is trying to do his best, you assume that because he was buddies with old management he must have ulterior motives.

What happened in the past (whether Brazil, DHL, Gulf Air, Air Macau, Gulf Air, Air Macau, some rich Arab, DGAC, AACM, etc). Don't forget how many guys he has helped to get the JAA license. Yes I do know all the persons concerned as well as you!

Regarding other airlines, have a look at BA (who reported a better than expected profit this year) Singapore Airlines, ANA, Cathay Airlines. If Air Macau CEOs haven't been so hell bent in not changing the modus operandi because it proved successful in the past, maybe the story would be different. Apart from the first Singaporean CEO all others have been Chinese with nothing to accomplish other than keeping status quo.

Don't go tell me that its unfair to compare NX with the likes of CX, after-all that was the reason the present CEO used to start the A-300-600 cargo fleet (part of the reason for him to remove the ex-VPFO - for he did not facilitate it as much as the CEO would have liked) which now seems to be backfiring!

Cargo, the guy is completely nuts, the infrastructure for the cargo operations has been on the drawing table of the Macau government but not yet implemented (cargo terminal now completed but still no road or rail links up and running) and this guy jumps the gun and gets the aircraft for he has a buddy in Taiwan that will sell them on the cheap ! Nice way to do things.

As SYLVERSURFER states the problems are not within the pilot department, but half of the guys within the Air Macau PPrune frame seem to try to point their finger at a very small group of pilots for the troubles (half of these pilots no longer operate in NX!).

Regarding your view on the media, maybe you have been hiding away over the last century or so, which is full of examples of scandals exposed by the media, check the internet. Of course not all investigative reporting has to be in as grand a scale as the watergate. But where there is smoke ...

Ask why the FTD had to be paid by the present management when it was donated by Airbus way before these guys took over! Maybe the same reason for the hurry in getting the A-300-600. Is there something fishy here???

Anyway, lets hope the end of the Olympics does not bring any further gloom and doom to NX. 10% decrease in traffic at the time of the start of direct flights, will hopefully prove to be a good omen, but most likely it just means that a lot of clients were fearful of another backtrack by either the Chinese or Taiwanese authorities, the future will tell. I am preparing my CV just incase.

Vietnam seems a good stepping stone for previous NX pilots.

Last edited by Bigbadass; 5th Aug 2008 at 22:40.