PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hardest Winter Programme Yet
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 20:28
F14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this winter will be very tough for all businesses. After Olympic fever and the Crash Gordon re-launch, you can look forward to chickens coming home to roost. Those who have overstretched themselves will find winter miserable. Its all happened before, 3 times in my lifetime.

But this isn't the end of the world, flying in general won't stop. Infact the Premiership will have just started and of course we will be looking forward to bombing Iran again; winter is fighting season in the middle east!

If anybody saw the Northern Rock reposession figures today, thats the really scary thought, lot of families on the streets. All the bailing out of the banks is going to put severe restriction on Public Funds. Lack of Income Tax revenue will have a compounding effect. The UK will revert back to the 70s. (I have bought candles already)

But the good news for the tradesmen, is we can have a return of Auf vediersien Pet. With nice mister Ryanair taking hard working brits to build Summer Holiday Homes and roads, for our new Eastern European masters.
We could even sell them the format for "Place in the Sun or LLL"

How strange life goes full circle!

As for charter, will go back to being a summer job for the crews (always was really once you take out Florida and Carib)

The Atlantic looks like it is already being carved up by AA/BA/IBERIA expect Spain and Uk governments to turn the screws in Brussels. AA to cancel open skies at 2010 point.

As for BMI and Virgin I really hope they can survive the winter. It is terribly unfair for two of the best Atlantic airlines to be sacrificed for the Flag Carriers.