PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 10:34
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
If you had to carry out an emergency Tans or RNS252 approach in poor weather, you certainly kept the speed to an absolute minimum during the approach whilst IMC and near to the ground. I stated years ago, try and drive down the motorway at 70mph with your eyes shut and that equates to flying low level/high speed/IMC. You just don't do it. In other words, even if they did have special kit fitted (they didn't), this would not have been the approach profile. If it was special trial kit, you would certainly back everything up on the RNS252 to x-refer, but they didn't, because they were not doing it. When will you understand Walt?? I was in the planning room with the crew and in the crewroom pre-flight. I even remember jealously looking at their planned route and particularly at the golf clubs ready to be loaded. It was a thinly disguised golf jolly for a bunch of senior officials who deserved the break. Some of them were missing body parts thanks to the IRA. Should the crew have launched?? Debatable for a MK2, certainly with a MK1. They were told to get on with it, even after trying to cancel. We all knew the chinooks were grounded at Boscombe, we talked about it!! Would you carry out such a risky approach in an aircraft you didn't fully trust?? If you knew Jon Tapper, you wouldn't even suggest it!! Walter, you make me very very very sad with your rambling. Cover up????? If there was a cover up, I would fight to make it public!!