PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Executive Aviation LEA Info
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 09:38
Sepp

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
More importantly, as Phil says, info on LEA was aked for...

You'll be rostered (but whilst under training you have to be flexible), pay is reasonable, and per diems too. The company is absolutely rigid on the subject of unauthorised exes on hotac bills (TV/films/bar etc.) and quite right too.

The flying staff are generally top notch, the CP is about as straight-down-the-middle chap as you'll ever find, training and procedures are to a high standard, and they expect very high standards of conduct from the crews. Cockpit discipline (on my fleet at least) is about the best I've experienced in 19 years in the industry.

tbh I think the uniform requirements are a little on the old-fashioned side, but hey, uniform is uniform.

Flight planning is all done by Ops, but you'll download the packs via CrewBriefing, and you will get to pay for the ink/paper and ScotchTape to do it - unless you wait until you get to the airport to do it!

As F/O you are expected to do the housework in the cabin - and do it to a high standard. Most Capts will muck in too but I can think of at least one now departed chap who would make the paperwork last as long as the cleaning (not on your fleet). There are some oddities - expected to go buy the newspapers and do our own hot water/coffee/ice on occasion 'cause the agents are too expensive - but meh, I can live with that (mainly cause it's sorta the F/Os job, lol)

All in all, it's a good company and it ain't gonna fall over any time soon. Promotion prospects in/across fleets are good, and as a bonus you'll get to fly with JD (hello, you!!), you lucky b************