PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 08:25
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 466 Likes on 246 Posts
Walter, from this post and many others, you still seem to think there is a conspiracy amongst us to keep "the truth" from coming out. You obviously believe you have found the answer and have put in a huge amount of work to prove yourself correct. Unfortunately, many military and ex-military folk here have tried to tell you that this equipment was NOT fitted to this aircraft. Certainly, it was not in use in the RAF to the best of my knowledge at the time of the accident (and never had been).

I was an SH pilot from 1979 and an Operational Conversion Unit instructor from 1984. From 1979 the original TANS came into service. It was widely publicised because we had to learn how to use it and how to teach others to use it. It was certainly no secret, although it revolutionised helicopter navigation. Why would another piece of equipment, effectively a mobile DME and far from revolutionary, be kept secret from crews likely to have to use it or to teach others to do so? It defies logic.

I'm afraid if you want any of the other more detailed questions answering by myself you will now have to begin your own thread on the subject, as I've asked you to do many times before.