PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NVFR - Removing restrictions and adding endorsements with a CIR/ME
Old 5th Aug 2008, 07:16
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NVFR - Removing restrictions and adding endorsements with a CIR/ME

This might be handy for anyone finding it hard to keep their CIR/ME current and doing a bit of night flying..

Just got an email from a friend who visited the CASA office and got his logbook updated. if you hold an NVFR and a current CIR/ME, you may be eligible to have the SE restriction removed and/or navigational aids added to your NVFR (and hence still be able to use those aids flying a Multi or with the additional aids once your CIR/ME has lapsed)

For more information have a look at CAAP 5.13-2(0), specifically the following paragraphs...

Paragraph 5.7.1 To remove a single-engine aeroplane limitation from a NVFR Rating, a flight test must be conducted in a multi-engine aeroplane. However, where a person also holds a current aeroplane command or co-pilot instrument rating that was issued or renewed on the basis of a flight test conducted in a multiengine aeroplane or simulator, a flight test is not required for the removal of the limitation.

Paragraph 5.8.6 The holder of a NVFR rating who also holds a current command or co-pilot instrument rating endorsed with the VOR or NDB navigation aids may apply to add those aids, together with the DME navigation aid, to a NVFR rating without a flight test provided navigational competency using at least one other navigation aid has been demonstrated at night.

Paragraph 5.8.7 In addition, the holder of a current command or co-pilot instrument rating who has a log-book certification authorising the use of GNSS for en-route navigation under the IFR would also be entitled to the GPSN endorsement on a NVFR rating without a flight test if they had previously demonstrated navigational competency using another aid at night.

Same sort of the processes as the PIFR, but he mentioned there was a little bit more confusion. No charge either (what?!)

Looks like I'm going to have to head down on my day off.