PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition for a Military Hospital
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 05:30
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious? I don't think so - practical, perhaps.

Are you suggesting that this hospital is only for those returning injured from overseas? Your response appears to be leaning towards this and this alone. I don't see that a dedicated hospital could exist without other elements of medical care being included. This would make it a centre of gravity for the longer term medical services and exacerbate the problems I see with a single hospital. The repeat appointments and long term needs are best met in a more dispersed fashion. The sheer frustration of taking someone from Coningsby to Haslar for a 20 min appointment with a consultant is an exercise in futility, especially for the patient - 5 hrs each way is not smart. (personal example)

The money is not there for such new builds. I'm being practical - the NHS don't have it, the MoD doesn't. I'd love to see hospitals, better housing, better everything, but I'm putting us in context. It is also far more about getting the Armed Forces more integrated with society, not going back to shutting ourselves off. That social change is far more needed.

Your issue you seem to think I have with rank:

My view is that of need and practicality and has nothing to do with rank, status or any other bizarre perceptions some people here have.
Doesn't that cover it for you?