PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NEW AOA, It is time!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2008, 05:26
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fenwicksgirl

The thing is... it's not my place to come up with a plan.... PW, ably assisted by your good self, Saturn, ACMS are trying to sell the Union to me; I am not trying to sell you anything.

Thanks for regurgitating the video... I did watch it... I was looking for, and hoping that you may point out, where in the video I can identify a point of difference between this "New AOA" (plucked from the title of this thread) and the old AOA's under ST, MG, ND, TP (ie the one's I chose not to join).

You say the "new prez" has a

"willingness" to tackle the problems...

are you saying the old AOA had an "unwillingness" to tackle problems?

You say...

If the company still chooses not to listen, we have the numbers to apply some "pressure" to make the company see reason

By "pressure" are you saying the "new prez" may ask me to go on strike should he get the requisite numbers? Don't you think I might like to know this before I join? Or will he only require me to wear my tie pin?

Don't get me wrong, I can see the value of belonging to an AOA representing 100% of the pilot body. To do that we have know and believe in the policies of the President... on PPrune awhile back there was a thread calling for "Same job... same pay"... where does the "New Prez" stand on that one?