PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-800 Speed trim system
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 21:09
frontlefthamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denti, you wrote:

if speed trim does something stupid (like trimming the "wrong way")
...and I'm sorry to say that you don't understand your aircraft. The system is there to make the aircraft handle in a very straightforward way, and mucking about with it is neither 'big' nor 'clever'. Let it do its job, and make sure you do yours, and you'll both get along well.

Please find a trainer to explain this for you, and then look to your laurels to find your other areas of weakness before they find you.

Fed up with supposed 'professionals' posting this sort of thing here.

The -700 is OK, but nothing like the money-maker that the -800 can be, if you can fly it full! As a pilot's aircraft they are comparable, though I find the stability of the -800 quite pleasant, as against the relatively short-coupled -700. The downside is that the -800 is slightly unstable in pitch/speed near Vref. The -800 is much easier OEI at low speeds and high weights. The over-powered BBJ doesn't compare with the lovely BBJ2...

By the way, Kristian, your command of English is a pleasure to see. You have a better grasp of the language than most native-speakers, including (I regret to say) many senior managers.

Last edited by frontlefthamster; 4th Aug 2008 at 21:33.