PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 20:57
dantheflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aer lingus v BMI

I think Aer Lingus are doing ok, Yes it is still early days. I bet they didn't plan to have the market to themselves in the first few seasons. Business is improving and not declining which is a good thing. LHR flights being reduced to 3 to save night stopping crew in london and because of better slots for the winter. I have found Aer lingus Dublin crew to be indifferent and sometimes plain uninterested in passengers however the belfast crew are the opposite and when compared to the bmi crew there is no contest.
I like BMI as an airline and travel with them enough to be a silver card holder but have been travelling with aer lingus more and more because of the friendly crew and better time keeping even though the city airport is half the distance of the international from me. I have booked AGP and MUC as future trips. No one can predict the future but I think aer lingus are here to stay! Lastly on a personal view point the lounge staff for bmi in belfast are so self important that I now sit in the main departure lounge rather than have to suffer the lounge reception staff looking down there noses at me.