PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Every operator in the UK.....ever?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 20:51
Simon150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks charliejulietthotel and INNflight - useful information. Although there is lots of information around for the larger operators, infomation on the smaller piston/turboprop operators is more difficult to find although in my opinion, may be where the more attractive jobs may lie. There are hundreds of operators within the UK which seem to be overlooked by new starters, but are potentially significantly more accessible than the 'proper airlines'. The downside is maybe that you need to know somebody to get into these places - the upside may be that you can into these places if you know somebody ;-)

The first line below has a good list of UK based 'small' firms (look under small operators under Europe), but the list is quite out of date I am sure. I was considering paying the CAA a visit at Gatwick to look through the AOC list as it must represent the most up to date information and could validate which targets are still operating. That said, I just read your reply FlyingApe. You may have saved me some time!

Pilot Jobs Network - hundreds of airlines listed
PILOT CAREER CENTRE.com - Latest Pilot Jobs, Pilot Resume / Pilot CV Design, Interview Preps and more...
future-airline-pilot.com
Airline Pilot Employers A-Z - Airlines and Pilot Recruitment Agencies - Perm and Contract

MIKECR - Thanks for nothing, you are 100% right. I have done no research into jobs at all despite being a consultant aerospace engineer, being in the industry for the past 10 years and just spend nearly 40,000 on training. Good luck with your job hunting - I sincerely hope I am sitting next to you in the interview room. A lesson for you - if you don't ask - you don't get.