PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Paranoia.
Thread: Media Paranoia.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 12:24
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in short we have a Mexican stand-off.

The Media have an inherent desire to sensationalize incident reporting, or mis-report or even create a story out of a non-issue and the aviation community is loathed to enter into factual discussion with the media due to potential of distortion, making the ability to provide a factual account of cause and circumstance limited in the event that there was a true intent to provide an accurate account.

What would seem to be a resolve is that journalists/editors/news agencies be held in account for the perversion of facts given by industry professionals in relation to cause and circumstance input.

of course then this opens up another can of worms..

I am taking an interest in thread for professional reasons..

I have been dealing with a situation that involves an administrative failure that affects flight safety to crew and pax. The administrative problem involves a certain jurisdiction left of the North Atlantic Track.

however, the administration in question has failed to not only address the situation, but to even listen to the problem. it is ongoing and remains off the official radar.

Do i want to involve media attention to the situation ? no. for the above reasons.

Should the problem be addressed ? yes. it affects us and our industry.

Will the representative authority give it any attention? no. much worse they are trying to brush it under the carpet and in fact being obstructive.