PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NEW AOA, It is time!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 10:54
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Tired et al

PW's message is the same as STs, which was same as MG's, which was the same as ND's, which was same as TP's. The greater the membership numbers, the greater the AOA's effectiveness.... Union 101...

Let us not forget that ND had over 90% membership in 2001; we can all debate how effective the AOA was in 2001, but what is not up for debate is that membership has dropped markedly since.... that's a fact... and the membership numbers dropped because of the POLICIES of the successive Presidents.

Impressive as PWs presentation was; its been done before. To get membership up let us hear some POLICIES.. what are we buying into?

Saturn and CPdude have recently found a new Messiah... and now me and the other 45% not in the union are expected to join with them in this leap of faith (I've always found it's best to look before one leaps). How is the new Messiah different than the old one?

Let's look at PW and ST. They are both seemingly likeable, hardworking, highly intelligent men. Both are "B" Scale Capts and both are ex-British Military Fast Jet. PW has served on the GC for a considerable time under ST and I understand PW was on the Negotiating Committee that reported back to ST in Aug 08 with the proposed deal that included extentions on A scales and what was to become COS 08...yes.. the deal you all liked so much...

To get me and, I suspect a lot of others to join, it's going to take some POLICIES to gain my interest. The prospect of taking on Cx Management knowing the likes of Saturn, CPdude and ACMS are watching my 6 doesn't quite motivate me to join.