PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 10:52
jpunteney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mlowe, in the interview they are looking to see your passion for flying and how you can work in a team and lead a team, have examples to back everything up if you can...ideally a few examples to show a range of things. They also ask questions on the 4 email questions you send back just before you go down and pick out things you've put in your answers, for example I was asked Why should a pilot be a good communicator? Why are there high standards required of pilots? etc etc There are also semi-technical based questions on stuff like what can a first officer do to make a flight more efficient for an airline and what can they do in day to day flying for passengers etc.

Basically, its 45 minutes where the interviewer(s) want to see you for yourself and see that you are the person that they think will one day suit an airline career. It's not too stressful, they do put you at ease so just relax and stay calm! All the best!

Markos, the numerical test was a lot harder than I was expecting it to be, and I've just finished a degree in aeronautical engineering...so I don't think I prepared for it as well as I could. The maths isn't particularly difficult, in fact its very straight forward, but the steps take time if you want to make sure you do it right. Its mostly conversions of units like money, lengths, speeds etc, a few speed distance time problems too and some where you are given an equation to rearrange and solve for another quantity, when you are given the others. 15 questions in 15 minutes, think I finished it with 3 seconds left or something like that, so its quite tough. Best advice is to practice long multiplication, division, taking averages of sets of data, doing speed distance time problems, and you should be fine! All the best when you go down to Dibden!