PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight delayed due drunk cabin crew member
Old 4th Aug 2008, 10:39
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of professional forum is this ? What has the nationality to do with being professional and not flying drunk ? I find ridiculous to start those discussion about the crew maybe not being English or Scottish... is it what does really matter ?!? Wherever she/he may come from, the problem comes from the alcohol issue.
Of course if the moderator has no other choice than to ban me when I mention that alcohol is a real issue in UK AND in many other countries, then he can proceed (which would demonstrate solid elaboration).
My personal feeling is that attitude toward alcohol has been drifting for years. When I was living in French Britany it was very common to see hundreds of drunk students in the streets every fridays, some of them throwing up and peeing in their pants while others were just destroying whatever was around them. It's absolutely irresponsible to neglect the dangers of alcohol and just to relate it to funny parties. People are dying and some other are killed everyday because of alcohol. While it's not a problem to have fun with it, it is a social issue and an education matter.