PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight delayed due drunk cabin crew member
Old 4th Aug 2008, 10:09
Lauderdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Good grief. If this had been a report about an allegedly drunken passenger, there'd have been none of this "innocent till proven guilty" and "could just have been a medical condition" malarky. Just the usual mob hollering to lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Funny that - in all my years of flying have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of drunk slf on board a/c, hundreds of verbal assaults, and dozens of physical incidents (including many sexual harrassements), 99.9999% of which never get reported as this sort of behaviour seems to have been accepted as normal.

When was the last time you operated a slot 3 IBZ Gobonastick? Exactly.

However I have never heard of crew assualting slf in any way shape of form. I am just taking a resposnsible stance where I believe in innocent til proven guilty and take whatever is reported in the press with 10 kilo's of salt.

411A
Shape up...or ship out.
While airlines keep on employing kids (first job, first time away from home/hotel, easy access to booze etc etc), (cuz they are soooo cheap to employ, and will not argue with sometimes atrocious management) these things will happen - whilst the industry pays peanuts often the responsibility should be sought there.
Are you flight crew 411A? Cuz if you are then please don't tell me you have never sat in a hotel room minus 4 hours to report haveing a bevvy or two. Fact that the you (or I for that matter) have never been 'caught' doesnt give us the God given right to start passing willy nilly judgement on others.