PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Pay Rise 2008
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 09:03
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evicar, it was a joke and that was why I said SPIKE. As in rises and then sharply falls back after our pay rise (if as discussed we can really call it that due to fudging of government figures) to a couple of % (In the dream world). In the real world low inflation and low oil prices would be better I agree!

Emails from management do keep mentioning the management/board pay freeze due to tough times. Are they preparing us for the next pay talks........? What would save more, the FD having a pay freeze or us retracting the landing lights after cleaning up? Don't know, but I bet some people see us as a area of serious cost saving potential not yet explored! They are going to try anything to remain in profit. If we start to make a loss (due to the market and not really due to management fault) then the shareholders will want action. Heads will roll. It’s the way it is. Self preservation is a wonderful thing. I think Balpa have some very tough times ahead, I only hope the membership levels are high enough to allow them to do their job effectively.