PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pending clearance??
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2008, 06:07
gettin' there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really who care's! how about concentrating on your own flying, instead of worrying what everyone else is doing! is it going to cause a crash? NO, so dont worry about it!
The fact of the matter is that it can and it has.

I have read about numerous aircraft accidents/incedents (mainly overseas) where there was "ambiguity" in a sequence of transmissions because of the use of non-standard phraseology between ATC and/or pilots which attributed to the event.

The fact of the matter is, rules is rules. If you are not going to try and follow standard phraseology, why bother with flying hemishperical or carrying fixed reserve. You know you'll get there ok right?

While we are on the subject, another one i love is "XYZ standby....standing by XYZ"

And just for the record, no im not perfect and i like everyone else will sometimes make a balls up of even the most basic radio calls. Most important thing is think before you press that button!!!!!!

"ABC traffic...........3 second silence....aircraft XYZ..........3 second delay.............where am i? 10 miles..........north................correction south..........we are agh.............out of 6 thousand agh...........on descent inbound from the south..............estimate circuit..........mmmm time 42............will position to descend on the dead side and join X-wind runway blah blah............traffic ABC"

Last edited by gettin' there; 4th Aug 2008 at 06:20.