PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services: length of line training period?
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 21:22
Fat Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scared Captains

Been here for a while now and even though the F/O turnover is high i have never heard of any Captain that has been scared of flying due to the lack of experience of F/Os. The experience that is gained in this company through working in the channel islands is invaluable and that has been proved time and time again by the fact that these so called scare F/Os who have left us have gotten very good jobs, (Easy, First Choice, etc ) I am not a company man but do not think that these comments are fair or accurate, as regards down time on the ATRs We only have three and these are working seven days a week 364 days a year, and on occasion they break down, and our engineers work damn hard to get them going again and always succeed. This has nothing to do with scare F/Os. Like any place of work there are always good and bad, but that is the same the world over. My suggestion is if your scared then maybe your in the wrong job, you should never put yourself in a position where a F/O is going to scare you.