PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadet And Sponsorship?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 19:25
jschofield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Cadet And Sponsorship?

I am Josh, I'm 15, i am in the Air Cadets and have flown in a two seat aircraft Six times and have been gliding in a motor glider twice and successsfully completed two courses for them in the two flights.I recently recieved praise in the last two flights in the light aircraft and both pilots in the glider because i was upposedly a brilliant young pilot.When i reach 16 in 10 months I will get a cadet CV listing all the activities I have done in my time as a cadet. I wish to stay on as a cadet until i am 18 or maybe longer and wish to be a Corporal or Sargeant, etc. The CV will show employers my abilities and can get me chosen above any other normal person without one.

I am hoping to get a gliding scholarship through Air Cadets and maybe a cadet pilot scheme.I want to be a commercial pilot in the future, i am recieving A's and B's in my school work and i have somewhere in the region of £7000 saved up which i plan on spending on my private pilots license.I am just a bit confused on what happens next. If you would be so kind to answer the questions please I would be really grateful.

How much are private pilots license's?

How much is commercial pilot licence?

If i dont get a CPL but get a PPL would an airline doing sponsorship accept me?

Are there many airlines doing sponorships?

Are sponsorships hard to come across?

Thank you for reading this and i would be so grateful if you could answer my questions