PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O at 18-20 HOW????????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 18:26
wheelie my boeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sitting at a desk job? Greasy pole to management? COULD it be possible that you actually have no idea what many pilot-managers do within companies these days? Being in many of these positions will give you FAR more valuable experience than flying a small prop around some dirt strip. This is partly why there are plenty of people who fly these small props around dirt strips all over the world, and this is why there aren't so many top pilot managers...

I totally agree with you that small GA flying would be fantastic fun. Fact is many are unable to even consider it as pay is poor, and MOST of us want families and want to be able to afford at least our own dinner

However, to state that becoming involved in recruitment/flight ops/training means you are in a "desk job" shows your complete lack of knowledge and is actually quite shocking. Evidently you are oblivious to what a manager/recruiter/trainer actually does. Oh well, I must get back to trying to climb that "greasy pole", because there is nothing more I want to do than to get myself a fancy new "DESK job"