PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone got experiance of leaving BT broadband ?
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 17:40
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a new office in Bristol, I signed up on-line with BT, telephone plus ADSL, Business Option 3, one evening about 3-4 weeks ago. After the whole process was done, a page appeared saying "Thank you for your order". Nothing, repeat nothing, else.

So I rang next day to find out if and when they would reconnect the line, and supply phone and the ADSL service.

After 2.5 hours in ONE CALL, being transferred to at least 6 different people in India and 2 - 3 in, I suspect, Glasgow, I gave up. In that time I was moved from people who told me I had not made any order, and was therefore lying, to people who said they couldn't find it and it's best to start again, to another who said he would do it for me but "all our systems are down".

Towards the end of the second hour several people asked me not to swear.

Eventually someone in the BT Sales team in Glasgow asked me to explain to him what a BT Micro system is, after I had told him that it was included in the lost order I had made.

That's when I said slowly and clearly that the order, if there was one, was cancelled as of that moment, put the phone down, and rang Talk Talk.

Several days later I started getting letters from BT, every day, about how they were going to complete the order, then about how sorry they were that there would be a delay, etc etc. I responded to each by calling and saying slowly and carefully, the order was cancelled.

While this was going on, BT Openreach came and reconnected the line for Talk Talk, set up a phone service, and 3 days later we had ADSL working as well.

We are still getting letters and emails from BT about how there may be some delays, they are very sorry, etc etc.

We just bin them, now.

It's a warning. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH BT, AND IF YOU ARE, GET OUT QUICKLY. OTHERWISE YOU'LL END UP LOSING YOUR SANITY.