PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zambia - Overview Please?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2008, 16:13
diegrootwitbeen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zambia

i lived in Lusaka and Ndola for about 3 years, flew round 2000 hrs.

Unlike most African countries Zambians allmost all speak Engrish...BONUS

Better practice that NDB and GPS approach, all other nav-aids very tempramental especially when needed most....allways make sure you have a valid clearance, international and domestic, no matter where your aircraft is registered, or get arrested, and part with $$$$

ATC unreadable and terminology takes some getting used to, no problem, if you speak slowly and ask them to help the attitude changes quickly and everybody becomes very helpfull indeed.....avgas can be a problem between May and October (Safari season)

Pours when it rains, no single engine flying at night or I.F. even single turbines revoked when I was last there...

The furry unidentifiable stuff in mosi is there to help with malaria and stop you pooping your pant, better than castle.....quinine shot and Arinate or similar malaria meds around $20 a pop fix you in no time.

Like the other said, good meat, tad expensive, but very possible to live there for a long time, petty crime, one of the safest and stable countries in the world.